CAREERS AT GARBLECLOUD
WORK WITH US
Explore remote-friendly and flexible opportunities. Join our mission to make work life simpler, more pleasant and productive.
GarbleCloud is where the future works
GarbleCloud is the leader of Google Workspace data encryption for enterprises and small businesses.
GarbleCloud is services mid-to-large enterprises that are committed to moving their data and workloads to the public cloud. We are currently deployed with high-profile telecom and technology companies based out of the U.S.
GarbleCloud offers a suite of data-centric security and privacy-enhancing capabilities. We provide several value-added features that enhance user productivity and platform interoperability. To find out more about GarbleCloud, please review our About Page.
We currently have no open positions, but are always accepting inquiries from amazing talent
Engineer Job Responsibilities:
• Create scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and maintainable Java-based services
• Implement new features for the GarbleCloud web application
• Help with architectural and design planning
• Collaborate with architects, front-end engineers, field engineers, support, QA, and documentation to deliver the best user experience and system performance, while always maintaining robust security
• Review other team members’ pull-requests and provide useful feedback to help improve the product and improve the skills of other developers
Full-stack engineer with significant experience with all of the following:
• Back-end development, ideally with one or more strongly-typed procedural or object-oriented languages (Java preferred)
• Designing and implementing RESTful APIs
• Experience writing applications that use a modern front-end framework (Angular preferred)
• Detail-oriented with an emphasis on code quality and consistency
• Comfortable working/developing on the Linux command-line
Strongly prefer candidates with experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Authentication methods (SAML, OAuth, etc.)
• Secure coding practices
• Browser security
• Cryptography or experience with related topics (PKI, TLS, etc.)
• Network protocols
• Databases (MySQL preferred)
• Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Solid computer science background (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline preferred; equivalent experienced considered)
• Create scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and maintainable search-centric web applications
• Implement new features and enhancement for powerful, multi-cloud search capabilities for the GarbleCloud web application
• Help with architectural and design planning of Garblecloud’s integrated document indexing and search engine
• Collaborate with architects, front-end engineers, field engineers, support, QA, and documentation to deliver the best user experience and system performance, while always maintaining robust security.
• Work closely with the CTO team to extend current capabilities around “scalable search on encrypted documents”.
Engineer Job Requirements:
Document/unstructured-data processing & search implementation specialist with significant experience with all of the following:
The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge about how scalable information retrieval systems work. Knowledge of at least one popular document hosting platform (like Apache Solr/Elastic) along with the underlying Lucene library is required. Main components that he/she needs to have a deep understanding and mastery of are:
– Document parsing, indexable-text extraction (keywords and patterns), stemming, data cleaning, error handling, keyword and pattern query processing, server-side indexing of data — postings list generation, Inverted list data structure (both main-memory and disk-based implementation issues to address), search query processing on server (how list intersection algorithms work, efficient trie-based query evaluation in main memory, suffix trees, etc), result sorting and ranking, amongst other things.
– Experience with RDBMS implementation — knowledge of B/B+-trees properties, query parsing, query re-writing, query optimization etc.
– Additionally, an understanding (or willingness to pick up quickly) the various components of Google Cloud Platform and various cloud platform APIs that can be used to enhance/scale search query execution — using Memcache, paging, smart query-rewriting that takes Google App Engine (GAE) and Google Drive query API restrictions into consideration etc.
– Additional knowledge of Amazon AWS, CloudSearch etc. will be useful.
• Solid computer science background (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline preferred; equivalent experienced considered)